Come Work With Us!
Our campus is always evolving at the Alberta University of the Arts, and here you’ll find yourself surrounded by the emerging artists of Calgary’s contemporary arts culture. At the AUArts Students’ Association you’ll be working with a group of innovative, passionate and hard-working creatives committed to providing the student body with unique opportunities to enhance their sense of well-being and develop their professional skills. Together, we continuously find ways to build on the strengths of our programs, bolster our support services and advocate for an equitable student experience.
The Communications Coordinator is responsible for developing marketing and promotional materials to support the communications initiatives of the Association, and for distributing communications materials to the membership.
The Communications Coordinator contributes to the organization by fulfilling the following objectives:
- To represent the brand identity in Association communications materials
- To design and develop promotional materials for related events, campaigns, and initiatives
- To ensure that communications materials and related resources are accessible and effective in promoting the Association’s goals
- Graphic Design
- Work closely with both executive and staff members to translate their messaging concepts into marketing materials
- Receive submitted graphics requests and submit proofs for revision and review
- Provide feedback on graphics requests to enhance the visual presentation of materials
- Design clear engaging graphic communications for print and web including:
- Visual identity: logos, letterhead, business cards
- Marketing materials: brochures, flyers, postcards, posters
- Annual reports
- Other marketing materials as required
- Brand Identity
- Work closely with the executive and staff to support the brand development process
- Participate in the strategic planning process to contribute towards the communications goals of the Association
- Contribute to the development of a communications strategy and branding guidelines
- Maintain and update social media accounts following the communications calendar
- Respond to inquiries on related social media accounts
- Create and communicate intake and distribution deadlines to staff and executive members
- Write reports as requested to present to the Executive Director, Executive Committee, and/or Student Leadership Council
- Write reports as requested to present to the Executive Director, Executive Committee and/or Student Leadership Council
- Be able to work independently yet cooperatively with members of staff to ensure quality performance
- Complete other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Who You Are…
Here at the AUArts SA we’ve worked hard to develop a culture we are proud to be a part of, and if you can say yes to a few of these things you might be proud to be a part of it too…
Equity & Diversity – Are you willing to consciously create room for respectful dialogue surrounding issues of equity and diversity? Pursuing a creative life takes guts! We’ve got a diverse, spunky, progressive, and outspoken community here at AUArts, and we are always looking for ways to self-reflect and incorporate socially just practices in our workplace.
Collaboration & Empowerment – Do you believe in bringing other people up, supporting your co-workers’ success, and finding ways to work together to accomplish your goals? From start to finish we are constantly learning from each other and finding ways to practice gratitude and celebrate the victories, both big and small.
Inspiration & Innovation – Are you excited to put your ideas on the table, take the risk and try something new even if you might fail? We love a good brainstorming session, and are always open to incorporating fresh ideas into our programs and services.
- Education background with a focus on art, graphic design, craft, or related areas considered an asset
- Experience and interest in non-profit artist run culture, graphic design, illustration, marketing, branding, advertising and promotions
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of diverse communities
- Strong knowledge of the creative industry including resources and organizations
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and implement goal setting strategies
- Solid organizational, time, and budget management skills
- Highly competent skills in the use of office software and social media platforms such as Office 365 suite, Facebook, Adobe CS, Squarespace, Instagram, and Hootsuite
- Speaking and writing in second/third languages are considered an asset
- Recent alumni are welcome to apply but preference will be given to current students
- Flexible and accommodating office schedule
- The ability to work some hours remotely
- Professional development opportunities funded by AUArts SA
- $15.00-18.00 per hour based on level of experience
- Maximum of 55-hours per month
If we’ve caught your eye and you’d like to apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter that helps us get to know you better. Also ensure you specify which job you’re applying for and why you think you’d be a good fit for our team.
Applications can be sent to:
AUArts SA Office Coordinator
Applications will be accepted until July 26, 2020 at 11:59 pm. Interviews are planned to take place between July 27 – 29, and the anticipated start date for this position is August 4, 2020.
Due to campus restrictions during the pandemic, this position will be able to work remotely. We will not put anyone at risk and we prioritize the safety of our staff above all else. Conditions and provincial guidelines are still changing, and we’ll have a better idea of how much on-campus work will be required closer to September.
The AUArts Students’ Association is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity. We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.