About the Position
Are you interested in creating art in a fun, dynamic, and energetic environment? All with the beautiful backdrop of the Canadian Rockies?
Come work for us! Residency Dates: June 19 – August 28, 2020
YMCA Camp Chief Hector is hiring a Summer Artist in Residence to help organize and facilitate our Mountain Arts programming. While you will be working with kids ages 12-16, this is not a full-time counselling position. Instead, the Artist-in-Residence acts as a valuable resource to counselling staff regarding the creation and implementation of creative art programing.
Working at camp is an amazing opportunity to connect with nature and others. The sense of community that comes with working, living, and playing together provides a safe and supportive creative environment. If you’re looking for a challenging yet rewarding and impactful position this summer, you have found it!
What the role looks like
- Maintain a clean and organized program space
- Maintain and clean program equipment
- Work as part of a collaborative team to support all campers and fellow staff
- Support group development and create a positive learning environment for all campers and staff
- Design and facilitate intentional, developmentally appropriate, creative learning activities.
What are we looking for?
- Experience working with children to facilitate inclusion within activity-based programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A flexible and positive attitude
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR C certification (CPR recertified within the last 12 months) at minimum
- Evidence of a clear Police Information Check and Vulnerable Sector Search
- Three professional references.YMCA Camp Chief Hector is committed to:
- Developing Self and Others
- Developing people with a view toward present and future capacity.
- Building Purposeful Relationships
- Relating to people authentically with their best in mind.
- Creating a Culture of Community: Gathering people to purpose and vision.
- Making Intentional Impact: Intending to make a difference every day.
- Thinking and Acting Strategically: Applying thoughts, words, and actions in service to the vision.
- Innovating: Ability to know your environment, initiate, and respond effectively to changing conditions.
Interested? Please send you resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org