Web Design and Developer
Short-term position from early March to the end of June 2020.
About the Organization:
At the heart of everything we do is the child. For over 35 years Calgary Academy has been providing an unparalleled environment that embraces students’ unique learning profiles, providing individual pathways to student success! We design engaging, student-centered experiences that nurture a love of learning. Our approach to teaching and learning is supported by our four pillars, beliefs, and the CA Way which empower diverse learners to pursue lives of passion and purpose.
Headwater Learning Foundation (HLF) is the primary fundraising arm and is the organization that safeguards the assets of Calgary Academy. Housing all business services, HLF provides the resources necessary to unleash possibilities in learning and innovation as well as fundraising initiatives.
This position is a perfect opportunity to showcase your ability to integrate visual solutions within the existing brand guidelines, while unleashing your potential and developing a website from concept to execution. You are well versed both in web design and development and eager to share your ideas while incorporating feedback into the final product.
- Design, update and maintain the front and back end of Headwater Learning Group websites
- Consult and support affiliated websites.
- Develop website improvement recommendations and project plans.
- Continuously monitor website traffic using SEO, SEM and Google Analytics.
- Knowledge and understanding of SEO tools, Google Analytics and SEM
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator or other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- The ability to design and create prototypes and mock-ups
To apply, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 12, 2020 with Web Design and Developer in a subject line.
Please make sure to include:
- Portfolio of work showcasing some of your past projects
- Resume that demonstrates your skills and experience
- Cover Letter that demonstrates how your skills and experience align with Calgary Academy’s school philosophy and mission. After exploring Calgary Academy and Headwater Learning Solutions websites, share your understanding of our digital brand philosophy and style.