Short-term position from early April to the end of June 2020. This can be a term employee position or an independent freelancer position
About the Organization:
At the heart of everything we do is the child. For over 35 years Calgary Academy has been providing an unparalleled environment that embraces students’ unique learning profiles, providing individual pathways to student success! We design engaging, student-centered experiences that nurture a love of learning. Our approach to teaching and learning is supported by our four pillars, beliefs, and the CA Way which empower diverse learners to pursue lives of passion and purpose.
Headwater Learning Foundation (HLF) is the primary fundraising arm and is the organization that safeguards the assets of Calgary Academy. Housing all business services, HLF provides the resources necessary to unleash possibilities in learning and innovation as well as fundraising initiatives.
The Video Producer role will help us to tell powerful stories using creative and comprehensive video content that includes profiles on innovative teaching practices, stakeholder testimonials and short films. This exciting short-term stint is perfect for a creative individual who specializes in developing story-driven content and has the technical expertise to deliver on promises and tight turnaround times.
- In collaboration with school representatives, develop and produce engaging storyboards
- Create meaningful content using photography or videography
- Direct, shoot and edit video projects for various school initiatives
- Edit photography/videography using modern editing software (eg. Adobe Lightroom, Adobe Premiere).
- Participate in team meetings and content creation sessions
- Build and maintain a library of video content to be re-used for school needs
- Follow modern media production standards, trends, and styles.
- Adapt to different lighting and environmental conditions.
- Minimum 5 years of video production and post-production experience
- Competence and understanding of post-production processes and ability to manage the process from start to finish
- Excellent sense of pace and timing, a knowledge for the best ways to grab viewers, strong visual storytelling ability
- Ability to turn projects around on tight deadlines
- Expert level experience with Premiere Pro
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud, including After Effects, Illustrator, and Photoshop
To apply, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 12, 2020 with Video Producer in a subject line. Please make sure to include:
- Portfolio of work showcasing some of your past projects
- Resume that demonstrates your skills and experience
- Cover Letter that demonstrates how your skills and experience align with Calgary Academy’s school philosophy and mission. After exploring our website and latest video projects available share your understanding of our digital brand philosophy and style.