Come Work With Us!
Our campus is always evolving at the Alberta University of the Arts, and here you’ll find yourself surrounded by the connoisseurs of Calgary’s contemporary culture. At the AUArts Students’ Association you’ll be working with a group of innovative, quirky, passionate, and hard-working creatives committed to providing AUArts’ student body with unique opportunities to enhance their sense of well-being, develop their professional skills, and establish a strong presence in the culture of the institution. Together, we continuously find ways to build on the strengths of our programs, boost our support services, and advocate for an exceptional student experience.
Be on the pulse of Calgary’s creative community and work with Alberta’s up and coming cultural innovators!
BRAND TRANSITION COORDINATOR
The AUArts SA Brand Transition Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the brand transition process, and for reviewing and updating the Associations materials, accounts, and documents to ensure they are reflective of our new brand identity.
The Brand Transition Coordinator contributes to the organization by fulfilling the following objectives:
- Represent the brand identity in communications materials, digital presence, and internal accounts
- Ensure that communications materials and related resources are accessible and effective in promoting the Association’s goals and objectives
- Digital Assets
- Establish new website presence and transfer current content to the new site
- Conduct a review of external links and record any required updates/redirects
- Review and consolidate all related external accounts
- Administrative Updates
- Update existing templates, forms, and formal documents with new brand identity
- Order required signage and brand collateral
- Update any existing marketing materials with new brand identity
- Write reports as requested to present to the Executive Director, Executive Committee, and/or Student Leadership Council
- Be able to work independently yet cooperatively with members of staff to ensure quality performance
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
Who You Are…
Here at the AUArts SA we’ve worked hard to develop a culture we are proud to be a part of, and if you can say yes to a few of these things you might be proud to be a part of it too…
Equity & Diversity – Are you willing to consciously create room for respectful dialogue surrounding issues of equity and diversity? Pursuing a creative life takes guts! We’ve got a diverse, spunky, progressive, and outspoken community here at AUArts, and we are always looking for ways to self-reflect and incorporate socially just practices in our workplace.
Collaboration & Empowerment – Do you believe in bringing other people up, supporting your co-workers’ success, and finding ways to work together to accomplish your goals? From start to finish we are constantly learning from each other and finding ways to practice gratitude and celebrate the victories, both big and small.
Inspiration & Innovation – Are you excited to put your ideas on the table, take the risk and try something new even if you might fail? We love a good brainstorming session, and are always open to incorporating fresh ideas into our programs and services.
- Education background with a focus on art, design, craft, or related areas considered an asset
- Experience and interest in non-profit artist run culture, graphic design, illustration, marketing, branding, advertising and promotions
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of diverse communities
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and implement goal setting strategies
- Solid organizational, time, and budget management skills
- Highly competent skills in the use of office software and social media platforms such as Office 365, Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress and SquareSpace
- Flexible and accommodating office schedule
- Fixed contract position from March – May 2020
- Expected workload approximately 20 hours/week
If we’ve caught your eye and you’d like to apply for this position send a resume and brief cover letter that helps us get to know you better, and please also ensure you specify which job you’re applying for and why you think you’d be a good fit for our team.
Applications can be sent to:
AUArts SA Executive Director
Applications will be accepted until March 8th, 2020. Interviews are planned to take place between March 9-13th, and the anticipated start date for this position is March 16, 2020.
The AUArts Students’ Association is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity. We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted