Hours per week
We are a cities research and innovation nonprofit that informs the public, inspires action, and acts as a catalyst for creating collaborative solutions that guide cities through a rapidly urbanizing world.
We envision cities as vibrant inclusive spaces where engaged residents are informed and inspired to build smart urban solutions. These cities enable residents to contribute to the social fabric of their communities and foster opportunities, belonging and happiness.
We are currently seeking a volunteer Graphic Designer to support our Marketing & Communications team. The Designer will work closely with our very experienced Director of Marketing & Communications to support a variety of teams across the organization. This will include assisting in developing the creative assets for our newsletter, posters for our events and webinar. You should have an interest in city-building and innovation,
Duties & Responsibilities
- Produce creative assets for our newsletter and posters for events and webinars.
- Demonstrates strong layout and design skills, great attention to detail, accuracy, creativity, self-motivation and the ability to work with strict deadlines.
- Ensures brand standards are being followed across all media and print related items.
- Demonstrates ability to conceptualize design ideas from creation to execution.
- 2+ years of experience in graphic design
- Diploma or Degree in graphic design
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
- Highly skilled in using Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Familiarity with Adobe InDesign and Dreamweaver would be an asset
- Some experience with HTML and CSS would be an asset
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset with the capacity to take an idea and run with it
- Experience with digital platforms including rich media design and creation
- Strong communication and grammar skills are a must
Please submit your resume, cover letter and creative samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. For those who proceed to the next round, we will request an interview. Deadline Tuesday June 21, 2020