Why should you join our team?
YMCA Calgary is actively building healthy communities – join us in creating a better Calgary. YMCA Calgary opened its doors in 1902, since then we have evolved into a vibrant charitable organization that responds to the needs and health of the community.
Guided by four core values of honesty, caring, respect and responsibility, YMCA Calgary develop and delivers quality programs and services that promote the health of the community and provides opportunities for all Calgarians to belong, grow, thrive and lead. Our team of staff and volunteers are committed to creating a positive impact in the community through our health and wellness programs, child care and early education programs, community outreach programs (such as Indigenous, youth at risk, and cultural integration programs), leadership programs, camp experiences, and much more.
YMCA Calgary serves the community at our eight health and wellness locations, seven child care centres, two outdoor camp locations, and 60 community outreach locations. Join us in building healthy communities!
Arts Program Director: Full Time
Shane Homes YMCA at Rocky Ridge
Start Date: February 1,2020
Salary: $41,685.00 per year
You can make an impact in the community – locally and across the globe. You will work with a fun culture of people and enjoy many of the benefits and opportunities the YMCA offers:
- Complimentary YMCA Calgary membership including a linked membership for dependent children;
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits. Premiums paid in full by the Association;
- Pension plan with specified contribution matching by the Association;
- Anniversary flex day and gifts given to celebrate each year of employment;
- Program discounts;
- Ongoing leadership development and opportunities;
- Leadership award opportunities;
- Scholarship opportunities;
- Paid recertification and training.
What qualifications are we looking for?
At YMCA Calgary we strive to ensure our employees are a fit based on their strengths, interests, and future goals. The successful candidate will have the following;
- Bachelor of Fine Arts or related degree and/or equivalent experience;
- Minimum two years’ experience in the field, and one year supervisory experience;
- Current Standard First Aid and AED certification (YMCA will provide the successful applicant training opportunities to keep your certifications current, as/if required);
- Evidence of a cleared police security clearance including a vulnerable sector search;
- Three professional references required.
What does this role look like at YMCA Calgary?
Reporting to Judy Lawrence, General Manager of the Arts, the Arts Program Director will:
- Oversee, and assist in further developing strategies, curriculum and programs related to arts (visual, performing, other) classes, workshops, events, day camps (including PD Days, Spring Break & Summer Camps), presentations, performances, special events, and other related initiatives;
- Plan, schedule, coordinate, implement and evaluate for all areas listed above;
- Develop, control and evaluate the budget for all areas listed above including purchasing related materials and equipment as well as staff hours/expense related to each;
- Hire, supervise and train part-time staff & volunteers including conducting routine observations & evaluations, and ensuring certifications are maintained;
- Provide direct hands-on program delivery (ie teaching classes and /or workshops, etc.) as required to meet area needs;
- Effectively communicate in a variety of settings;
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to ensure best delivery of customer/client experience, consistency in program offerings etc.
- Work scheduled duty manager shifts;
- Be available to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends;
What qualities do we look for in YMCA Calgary Staff and Volunteers?
Our employees embody the YMCA values of honesty, caring, respect and responsibility. In addition, they model and are committed to the following competencies;
- Developing Self and Others: Developing people with a view toward present and future capacity.
- Building Purposeful Relationships: Relating to people authentically with their best in mind.
- Creating a Culture of Community: Gathering people to purpose and vision.
- Making Intentional Impact: Intending to make a difference every day.
- Thinking and Acting Strategically: Applying thoughts, words, and actions in service to the vision.
- Applying Business Acumen: Demonstrating excellence in technical skills and stewarding the YMCA Business Model.
- Innovating: Ability to know your environment, initiate and respond effectively to changing conditions.
Please note that evidence of a clear Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector Search is a requirement.
YMCA Calgary is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants must have legal authorization to work in Canada by way of Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Residency or a valid Canadian work permit. YMCA Calgary is currently not engaged in international recruitment efforts as we are required to demonstrate that we have exhausted all means of recruitment both locally and nationally.
Potential candidates will only be contacted if selected for an interview.
For any concerns or questions please contact Shruthi Prakash, Recruitment Advisor at Shruthi.Prakash@calgary.ymca.ca
Apply online at https://myavanti.ca/careersatymcacalgary