In addition to the role of the camp leader these select positions, take on the added responsibility of leading camp programming and activities. Your job is to make ensure that the specified activity area is run in a safe, fun and positive manner. The aim of our programs and activities is to provide all campers with an opportunity for learning, fun, and growth in our supportive and positive environment.
- Adventure Course – a program specialist that leads campers through our Adventure Course (High and Low Elements) *additional certification required
- Creative Arts – a creative and dramatic program specialist to head our craft room, and take the lead in drama, photography, and anything else in the creative arts realm.
- Outdoor Adventure – an outdoor enthusiast to lead campers in outdoor pursuits including: archery, orienteering, hiking, outdoor survival skills and other programs. * additional certification an asset.
- Program Assist – A combination of the above, willing to take on and assist where help is needed, a key player who works closely with our program coordinator to ensure all programs are at their best. * additional certification an asset.
- Ideally completed at least one year of post-secondary education.
- Have valid Standard First Aid and CPR-C Certificates, or willing to obtain
- Clear Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Persons Search
- Clear Child Welfare Check
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have a desire to work with children, youth and people of all abilities.
- Be available to attend the entire week of Staff Orientation in Mid-June.
- * Challenge Course Practitioner Level 1 – mandatory for Adventure Course Leaders (Course Date: May 4-9, 2020)
- * 40 hr Wilderness First Aid, an asset for Outdoor Adventure Leaders
- To provide leadership and guidance to all campers through a engaging and fun programs and activities.
- Supervision and care of campers, at all times.
- Be a positive role model that exemplifies the values of Camp Tamarack.
- Work as a member of the community and staff team.
- Responsible for facilitation of engaging, safe and fun programs and activities.
- Create and implement an activity program suitable to the demographic and abilities of the campers.
- Provide an inventory of all program items at the beginning and end of the camp season.
- Adhere to Local Operating Policies and Procedures and Standards for activities.
- Assist in and facilitate all camp experiences (i.e. evening program, campfires, special events).
- When not actively facilitating a session, assume the role of a counsellour.
- Assist in tidying up after activities
- Perform Night Duty, as required on a rotational basis.
- Communicate on a regular basis with the Camp Coordinators.
- Report any accidents/incidents to the Camp Director and Camp Nurse/Medic.
- Provide personal care, feeding, toileting, dressing and bathing for campers as required.
- Ensure the cleanliness of camp, by participating in the weekly clean up.
- These are not the only duties to be performed. Some duties may be reassigned, and other duties may be assigned as required.
Contract Dates: approx. June 12 – August 23, 2020
Wage: $325 – $350/wk (Canadian Students returning to full time studies, may be eligible for grant subsidy.)
Apply Online: http://camptamarack.ca/employment/summer-positions