Come Work With Us!
Our campus is always evolving at the Alberta University of the Arts, and here you’ll find yourself surrounded by the connoisseurs of Calgary’s contemporary culture. At the AUArts Students’ Association you’ll be working with a group of innovative, quirky, passionate, and hard-working creatives committed to providing AUArts’ student body with unique opportunities to enhance their sense of well-being, develop their professional skills, and establish a strong presence in the culture of the institution. Together, we continuously find ways to build on the strengths of our programs, boost our support services, and advocate for an exceptional student experience.
Be on the pulse of Calgary’s creative community and work with Alberta’s up and coming cultural innovators!
Career Resources Coordinator
The AUArts SA Career Resource Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that all aspects of Career Development Programming is carried out in an efficient and professional manner, which include our annual Career Fair, financial wellness workshops and our student Job Board.
Career Development Fair
- Coordinate the logistical aspects of our large-scale annual Career Development Fair
- Identify local organizations that would benefit the professional growth of our students
- Liaise and maintain positive communication with partnering organizations
- Oversee the setup and takedown of the event
- Help promote the event to the student body with the Communications Coordinator
- Identify growth opportunities for the event
- Plan, organize and coordinate the execution of a financial education workshop
- Maintain our online Job Board by approving and posting relevant opportunities
- Communicate with individuals and organizations interested in posting their opportunities
- Maintain effective contact with AUArts students, faculty, administration and the general public
- Provide regular updates to the Program Manager
Who You Are…
Here at AUArts SA we’ve worked hard to develop a culture we are proud to be a part of, and if you can say yes to a few of these things you might be proud to be a part of it too…
Equity & Diversity – Are you willing to consciously create room for respectful dialogue surrounding issues of equity and diversity? Pursuing a creative life takes guts! We’ve got a diverse, spunky, progressive, and outspoken community here at AUArts, and we are always looking for ways to self-reflect and incorporate socially just practices in our workplace.
Collaboration & Empowerment – Do you believe in bringing other people up, supporting your co-workers’ success, and finding ways to work together to accomplish your goals? From start to finish we are constantly learning from each other and finding ways to practice gratitude and celebrate the victories, both big and small.
Inspiration & Innovation – Are you excited to put your ideas on the table, take the risk and try something new even if you might fail? We love a good brainstorming session and are always open to incorporating fresh ideas into our programs and services.
- Organized and detail oriented
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with WordPress an asset
- Experience and interest in non-profit artist run culture, career development and arts education
- Working knowledge of Calgary’s local artist-run-centres, non-profits, craft guilds, maker spaces and/or artist coalitions
- A mature attitude and ability to work independently and be a responsive member of the AUArts SA team
- AUArts SA accepts all applications however preference will be given to applicants who are students or recent alumni of AUArts
This is a contract position with a part-time schedule of approximately 10-hour a week from January 15, 2019 to April 30, 2020 with an hourly rate of $15 per hour.
If we’ve caught your eye and you’d like to apply for this position please send a resume and cover letter that helps us get to know you better, please also ensure you specify which job you’re applying for and why you think you’d be a good fit for our team.
Applications can be sent to:
Application deadline is Sunday, January 5, 2020 at midnight.
The AUArts Students’ Association is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity. We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.