MTHARU, a contemporary design and manufacturing studio based in Calgary, is seeking a talented Jewelry designer/maker. The candidate can be a full time student with part time working hours. This is a paid position. The following qualifications are required:
- Must be at least in their 2nd year of study
- Must have knowledge of different types of metals
- Expert Soldering skills
- Intermediate sandcasting skills
- Intermediate lost wax casting skills
- Must be able to troubleshoot design solutions in order to create work
- Must be able to work off hand sketches and provide details on how pieces will be made
- Knowledge of metal working tools is a must
- Knowledge of metal patinas is an asset
- Knowledge of working in multi-materials is an asset
Position is based in inner city Calgary. We are seeking 1 candidate.
Send your application including a portfolio or images of work showing your skills to email@example.com by December 15, 2019.