Job Title: Graphic Designer
Classification: Full Time
Location: Calgary – Alberta
Reports to: Creative Marketing Manager
- Create sales collateral materials including posters, brochures, internal communications, signage, web and promotional materials.
- Maintain and ensure proper usage of existing graphic standards in all design work
- Communicate with project leaders on requirements and deadlines
- Create special project designs and specialty marketing materials as needed
- Additional tasks as assigned
Experience and Educational Requirements
- Graduate of a post-secondary Graphic Design program
- Knowledge of web development and CMS experience
- Minimum 2 years industry experience
- Proficient in Design and Layout using Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Design and layouts meet print and web industry standards
- Video editing, motion graphics and photo retouching experience is an asset
- Up-to-date with the latest industry trends, technology, and tools
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Impeccable sensitivity to and knowledge of colour theory, typography, hierarchy, and balance
- Ability to work independently
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle multiple assignments, prioritize projects and meet deadlines
- Enthusiastic self-directed team player
- Portfolio required
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit https://www.bwalk.com/en-ca/careers/details/calgary/marketing/graphic-designer/
We would like to thank you in advance for your application, however, only those candidates who are being considered will be contacted. Offers of employment will be contingent on satisfactory Security Background Checks, Reference Checks, and Postoffer/Pre-employment Physical Testing where applicable.
About the Company – https://bwalk.com/en-ca/
Over 30 years ago Boardwalk began with a clear Mission, to provide Resident Members with quality rental communities, a vision for the future and a commitment to five core values. These Mission, Vision and Values, coupled with Boardwalk’s Golden Foundation, have helped to create a team of Associates who are committed to building better communities. Whether it is a local Community or a global one, Boardwalk Associates approach it with the same foundation and aim to build and strengthen it.
At Boardwalk, we strive to become your “Employer of Choice”. We are committed to engaging our Associates through mutual respect, trust and honesty as well as following our Golden Foundation which is to “Treat others as you would like to be treated”, “Be Good”, “Love Community” and “Have Fun”. We believe that we are providing our Associates with a workplace that they can call home; a place where coming to work isn’t a chore. We continually look for new and innovative ways to engage our Associates not only in their day-to-day work, but also ways to get involved in the Community and provide opportunities to give back.
Boardwalk is seeking individuals who have a positive attitude, are energetic and as passionate as we are in building communities and serving our Resident Members. You must be self-driven, productive and have the capacity to deliver high quality results. Working within a team is essential to your success at Boardwalk.