The goals of a Camp Leader are to create a unique and fun experience for our campers. Camp Leaders work as a team to create opportunities for campers to improve their self-confidence and independence, in a supportive and positive environment. As the primary caregivers for our campers, you are responsible for ensuring their health and safety during their time at camp.
- Ideally completed at least one year of post-secondary education.
- Have valid Standard First Aid and CPR-C Certificates, or willing to obtain
- Clear Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Persons Search
- Clear Child Welfare Check
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have a desire to work with children, youth and people of all abilities.
- Be available to attend the entire week of Staff Orientation in Mid-June.
- To provide leadership and guidance to all campers.
- Supervision and care of campers, at all times.
- Be a positive role model that exemplifies the values of Camp Tamarack.
- Work as a member of the community and staff team.
- Guide and adapt programs for campers to achieve rewarding benefits.
- Providing emotional support and encouragement to campers.
- Be familiar with the special needs, medical conditions, dietary concerns, and/or behavioral problems of the campers and act according to directions provided.
- Perform Night Duty as required on a rotational basis.
- Ensure that safety standards and procedures are maintained at all times
- Report any accidents/incidents to the Camp Director and Camp Nurse/Medic.
- Provide personal care, feeding, toileting, dressing and bathing for campers as required.
- Assist in program planning based on pre-arranged educational/recreational themes.
- Assist in tidying up after activities.
- Ensure the cleanliness of camp, by participating in the weekly clean up.
- These are not the only duties to be performed. Some duties may be reassigned and other duties may be assigned as required.
Contract Dates: approx. June 11 – August 23, 2020
Wage: $325 – $350/wk (Canadian students returning to full time studies, may be eligible for grant subsidy.)
Apply Online: http://camptamarack.ca/employment/summer-positions