Work Term Start Date: January 2020
Work Term Duration: 12 month
Position Type: Co-op student
Number of Positions: 1
Job Location: (Calgary, AB)
Seven Generations Energy Ltd. (“7G”) is a low-supply cost energy producer dedicated to stakeholder service, responsible development and generating strong returns from its liquids-rich Kakwa River Project in northwest Alberta. 7G’s corporate office is in Calgary, its operations headquarters is in Grande Prairie and its shares trade on the TSX under the symbol VII.
ABOUT THE POSITION
7G has an exciting student opportunity in our Human Resources team – and we guarantee there’s none other like it out there! This position will have a unique opportunity to learn how to assess needs, bring their full suite of skills and talents to bear, and meaningfully contribute to a number of projects during their work term. Our group contains a mix of strengths, and we are looking for someone to come and contribute theirs, as well as develop their ability to adapt their style to meet the ever-changing needs of a dynamic business in an exciting industry. If you’re the successful person, you’ll spend your time with us assisting on the design and production of digital, video, and print infographics; writing compelling content to engage our workforce; and crafting targeted and relevant training and presentation elements. This job will allow you to gain experience in areas of HR, internal communications, and information design. If you’re looking for a place where we value a well-rounded approach and will help you deepen your specialization while drawing on your whole range of experiences and skills – come play with us! This position will report directly to the Manager, People Development and Engagement.
- Assess and balance some mind-bogglingly competing needs, propose low-cost and high-impact solutions that we can execute within sometimes unreasonably short timelines to an unfathomably high, yet achievable, standard.
- Produce eye-catching graphic and “can’t-put-it-down” written materials in multiple formats.
- Work within timelines established in collaboration with colleagues (which may sometimes be a little uncomfortable and always challenging)
- Create complementary elements for projects and initiatives, from conception, to design, production, and final assembly. Be ready (and excited!) to re-do these absolute works of art the night before if something has changed.
- Put your hand up to assist our team with projects that you find interesting (and few that you don’t, but they need to get done…)
We are seeking a 3rd or 4th year student with relevant skills – could apply, but is not limited to: major in Graphic Design, Media Design, Theatre, Radio & Television, Communications, Information Design, Human Resources, Arts/Media, Illustration, Publishing, Education, or Digital Marketing.
- You have a proven ability to be resourceful depending on the task requirements, and to actively adapt priorities to meet a variety of timelines.
- You possess the initiative, enthusiasm and motivation to achieve results with a natural focus on external creative communication.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- You are proficient in the requisite tools, MS Office, Adobe Create Suite, Creative Cloud, Photoshop, and current web technologies.
- You have a proven ability to work with and maintain confidential information.
- You take your work seriously, but not yourself.
To apply, email: Kayla.email@example.com
Application Deadline: October 16, 2019
Seven Generations is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Temporary Student Position
Selected candidates will be contacted for interviews. We thank you for your interest.
Seven Generations Energy Ltd.
4400, 525 – 8 Avenue SW
Calgary, AB T2P 1G1