Come Work With Us!
Our campus is always evolving at the Alberta University of the Arts, and here you’ll find yourself surrounded by the connoisseurs of Calgary’s contemporary culture. At the AUArts Students’ Association you’ll be working with a group of innovative, quirky, passionate, and hard-working creatives committed to providing AUArts’ student body with unique opportunities to enhance their sense of well-being, develop their professional skills, and establish a strong presence in the culture of the institution. Together, we continuously find ways to build on the strengths of our programs, boost our support services, and advocate for an exceptional student experience.
Be on the pulse of Calgary’s creative community and work with Alberta’s up and coming cultural innovators!
The Bartender is responsible for providing bar service at community events.
The Bartender contributes to the organization by fulfilling the following objectives:
- Complies with all Alberta Liquor and Gaming services regulations
- Ensure all guests under 25 show government approved identification
- Maintain ProServe certification
- Limit service to patrons who appear to be over intoxicated
- Provides quality service to all patrons
- Serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks at scheduled events
- Process cash and credit sales payments in a timely manner
- Maintains accurate sales and inventory records
- Complete daily cash reconciliation at end of shift
- Receive inventory and update inventory records as required
- Casual part-time position on campus
- Pay rate of $15.00 per hour plus tips and gratuities
- Shifts typically scheduled in the evenings between 4:30-9:00 pm*
*Must be available at least two evenings between Monday-Friday during the academic year (Sept-May)
Who You Are…
Here at the AUArts SA we’ve worked hard to develop a culture we are proud to be a part of, and if you can say yes to a few of these things you might be proud to be a part of it too…
Equity & Diversity – Are you willing to consciously create room for respectful dialogue surrounding issues of equity and diversity? Pursuing a creative life takes guts! We’ve got a diverse, spunky, progressive, and outspoken community here at AUArts, and we are always looking for ways to self-reflect and incorporate socially just practices in our workplace.
Collaboration & Empowerment – Do you believe in bringing other people up, supporting your co-workers’ success, and finding ways to work together to accomplish your goals? From start to finish we are constantly learning from each other and finding ways to practice gratitude and celebrate the victories, both big and small.
Inspiration & Innovation – Are you excited to put your ideas on the table, take the risk and try something new even if you might fail? We love a good brainstorming session, and are always open to incorporating fresh ideas into our programs and services.
- Experience in customer service and hospitality
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of diverse communities
- Solid organizational, time, and budget management skills
- Speaking and writing in second/third languages are considered an asset
- Must have valid ProServe certification
If we’ve caught your eye and you’d like to apply for this position please send a letter of interest that helps us get to know you better and resume, please also ensure you specify your availability and why you think you’d be a good fit for our team.
Applications can be sent to:
AUArts SA Office Coordinator
Applications will be accepted until October 25, 2019 at 4pm. Interviews are planned to take place between October 28-31, and the anticipated start date for this position is November 1, 2019.
The AUArts Students’ Association is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity. We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.