Show + Sale is AUArts SA’s bi-annual public retail event showcasing the work of AUArts students. Show + Sale is held in November and March of each academic year.
Reporting to the Show + Sale Coordinator, the Show + Sale Assistant oversees the 150+ student volunteers before, during, and after the sale. This includes scheduling, training, and supervising volunteer shifts and coordinating with the Art Technician. Additionally, the Show + Sale Assistant oversees the large volume of art inventory received during the sale, including the organization, distribution, and handling of the work.
- Organization of volunteer shifts via Signupgenius and maintenance of volunteer schedule spreadsheet
- Ensure all volunteer shifts are adequately filled and follow-up with participants as required
- Work with the Art Technician to ensure volunteer needs are met
- Communicate shift requirements to volunteers and training them as needed on-shift
- Act as a main point of contact for Department Representatives
- Attend Show + Sale meetings as required
- Serve as an ambassador for Show + Sale to the student body, faculty, and general public
- Oversee registration of participating work, ensuring display standards are met
- Responsible for organization and safe storage/handling of all pieces
- Assist the Art Technician by preparing work for hanging
- Supervision of teardown, and organization of work
- Event coordination experience, non-profit and arts centered environments preferred
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of individuals
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple and priorities and implement goal setting strategies
- Strong organizational and time-management skills, and the ability to adapt as needed
- Experience with Outlook, Excel, and Signupgenius an asset
- Priority given to AUArts students and alumni
- September 2019 through April 2020
- Each sale requires a commitment of 50-hours per semester
- Starting date is November 1 – must be available for the full duration of sale (November 22-24)
Questions? Contact Mike Hooves at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Alberta University of the Arts Students’ Association is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.