Calling all Emerging Visual Artists! Submissions are now open for Shane Homes YMCA at Rocky Ridge Gallery Exhibit for Emerging Artists for our 2020 exhibition season. All emerging Alberta visual artists are welcome to apply before November 1, 2019.
Shane Homes YMCA at Rocky Ridge is a vibrant, public recreational facility seated in Calgary’s northwest. Visual art display cases are located at the facility at a prime viewing area to the public. The display cases are encased in glass and locked and offer great exposure to artists that wish to display and promote their work.
Emerging artists are invited to apply to exhibit their artwork at Shane Homes YMCA at Rocky Ridge for the following exhibition dates:
- January 1, 2020 – April 30, 2020
- May 1 2020 – August 31, 2020
- September 1, 2020 – December 31, 2020
Submitting artists are asked to consider that their art is being showcased in a family-friendly, public facility.
Submissions must meet the following requirements:
- Artist resides in Alberta and must be available for installation.
- Artist must identify as Emerging (less than 5 years of experience)
- Artwork must be delivered in person and ready to install in cubed display cases. Measurements of pieces should not exceed 27” width x 27” length x 27” height. Artists are able to exhibit up to 4 display cases at a time.
- 2D pieces are welcome to be displayed, but artists are required to bring the required materials (frames etc.) to display them in a free standing space.
To apply, please send the following information via email or mail:
- Artist Biography (250 words max)
- Exhibition Proposal (250 words max)
- Artwork: Photos, maximum of 5, do not send original works.
Applications or queries can be sent to:
Attn: Judith Mendelsohn
Arts Program Director
Shane Homes YMCA at Rocky Ridge
11300 Rocky Ridge Road NW
Calgary, AB T3G 5H3
(403) 351-6743 3
Art pieces are selected by a committee of no less than 3 people and are a mix of artists and administrators. Selection criteria is based on: artist’s technique, elicited emotional response, creativity & innovation, and suitability for the Shane Homes YMCA at Rocky Ridge art gallery space and its patrons (ages 0-100 representing various socio-economic and cultural backgrounds).
Applicants selected for the exhibition will be notified by December 1, 2019