Come Work With Us!
Our campus is always evolving at the Alberta University of the Arts, and here you’ll find yourself surrounded by the connoisseurs of Calgary’s contemporary culture. At the AUArts Students’ Association you’ll be working with a group of innovative, quirky, passionate, and hard-working creatives committed to providing AUArts’ student body with unique opportunities to enhance their sense of well-being, develop their professional skills, and establish a strong presence in the culture of the institution. Together, we continuously find ways to build on the strengths of our programs, boost our support services, and advocate for an exceptional student experience.
Be on the pulse of Calgary’s creative community and work with Alberta’s up and coming cultural innovators!
The Polling Clerk is responsible for overseeing the voting procedures and counting the ballots during all elections and referenda periods.
The Polling Clerk contributes to the organization by fulfilling the following objectives:
- Complying with elections policies and procedures
- Attend the campaign regulations meeting
- Arrive at the polling station a minimum of fifteen (15) minutes before the polls open to receive the ballots
- Ensuring that all electors are treated impartially and with respect
- Present ballots to students who are on the official voting list, and strike their name upon presentation of the ballot
- Ensure no unauthorized person enters the polling station
- Ensure the ballot boxes are not left unattended
- Maintaining the secrecy of all ballots
- Count the ballots as instructed by the Elections Officer
- Record the number of votes for each candidate, and tabulate the totals
- Complete a recount of ballots if required
- Destroy ballots upon the request of the Elections Officer after the election has concluded
- Temporary casual position on campus
- Pay rate of $15.00/hour
- Available shifts:
- March 20 | 1:00 pm – 5:30 pm (2 shifts)
- March 21 | 8:30 am – 1:00 pm (2 shifts)
If we’ve caught your eye and you’d like to apply for this position please send a letter of interest that helps us get to know you better, please also ensure you specify which shifts you’re applying for and why you think you’d be a good fit for our team.
Applications can be sent to:
Director of Advocacy and Representation
*Subject Line: Polling Clerk Application