Black Dip Bean
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
If you are as busy as me getting ready for midterms, sitting to eat it is barely happening. Fuel your essay writing by dipping this bean dip. Lots of fiber and proteins so it will fuel your writing frenzy, you can eat and type pretty darn good.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Cumin to taste
- Chili powder to taste
- 3 cups cooked black beans (if you have no time to cook beans approx. 2 cans of beans 250 ml)
- 1 cup cooking liquid from beans (or water )
- 1/2 cup of Mozzarella cheese grated or cheddar cheese (honestly use any kind of cheese you want or have – even Vegan Cheese).
- 1 bag of tortilla chips. I love the Fresh is best brand as they are Canadian owned and they use pretty darn good ingredients.
Heat oil in skillet and add onion & garlic. Cook until fragrant and tender. Add beans, heat thoroughly and mash beans with potato masher, stir in enough water to make it dip-able.
- Heat oil in skillet and add onion & garlic and sauté for a couple of minutes. Cook until fragrant and tender.
- Add beans, heat thoroughly and mash beans with potato masher, stir in enough water to make it dip-able.
- Taste for seasonings and add accordingly. Put it in a bowl and dip in with tortilla chips.