Kale, Bean and Quinoa Salad
Did you know: Leonardo da Vinci was the first artist to depict salad in his paintings? In the Leda, 1504, a child, standing next to the goddess of fertility, poses with a bouquet of lambs lettuce. Artists, are you looking to add more greens to your practice?
Prep time:10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (cooled)
- 1 1/2 cups of beans cooked or 1 can of beans liquid removed. (green lima beans or any type of beans)
- 3 cups finely chopped kale, ribs removed
- 1 cup of sliced grape tomatoes
- 1/2 red onion, diced in small fine cubes
- 1 avocado, pitted and cubed
- 2tbs olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1tsp sugar
- 1 large basil leaf, chopped
- 1/8 tsp salt
- black pepper to taste
- Place dressing ingredients in the blender or food processor and process for 15 seconds. reserve or put aside.
- In medium bowl toss kale, quinoa and beans together, add dressing and toss to coat. Refrigerate for 15-25 minutes to allow flavours to soak in. Before serving toss again with remaining ingredients.
- Garnish with basil and serve.