Corny Salmon Chowder
“Fish is among the healthiest foods on the planet. It is loaded with important nutrients, such as protein and vitamin D. Fish is also the world’s best source of omega-3 fatty acids, which are incredibly important for your body and brain.”
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 1 lb of 1 inch cubed fresh salmon (buy the salmon trims as they are half price but have tons of omega-3 fats)
- 2 Cups of vegetable stock or water
- 2 Celery stalks (finely diced)
- 1 Med onion finely diced
- 4-5 Strips of bacon (finely diced)
- 2 Cloves of garlic diced
- 3 Cups raw potatoes diced
- 2-3 Bay leaves
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Salt / pepper to taste
- 2 Cups of chopped cauliflower (1 inch)
- 1 Cup of frozen corn
- 433ml (2 cups) whipping cream
- 2 tbsp diced parsley (for garnish /optional)
- Sauté bacon onion and celery and garlic in some olive oil for 5 minutes.
- Add bay leaves, water or vegetable stock, diced potatoes, cauliflower, frozen corn, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Let it simmer until potatoes are cooked ( when they are soft but firm approx. 15-20 minutes).
- Add the salmon and whipping cream. Let it simmer for another 6-10 minutes until fish is cooked.
- Garnish with parsley