If you got stuck at home like me on this heavy snow day this meal will cozy up your soul and nourish your belly. I used a crockpot but you can just do it on the stove in a big pot. This will feed you for days.
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 2 Hours
- 1 1/2 cups of finely diced onions ( approx 1-2 med onions)
- 1/4 cup of butter ( Butter is not your enemy go for it, it feeds your brain)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2-3 garlic cloves finely diced
- 1/2 tsp of paprika
- 1 tbs Corn starch
- 2 cups of tomato juice or canned diced tomatoes
- 2 cups of finely diced carrots
- 2 tbs of chopped parsley for garnish
- Pasta noodles or your favorite type of pasta like macaroni, fettuccine etc. ( cooked after goulash is ready)
- Melt butter in a medium sized pan and add the meat until browned ( seared the meat to keep juices in). Add onion and garlic and saute for 2-3 minutes in medium heat.
- Transfer the browned meat with onions to a crook pot or if you will be using the stove a med size pot.
- Add the carrots, tomato juice ( or diced tomatoes), salt, paprika and cook for approx 2 hours in low med heat on the stove. If you are using the crockpot you can leave it on low setting for minimum of 3 hours or until the meat is tender and flavours mixed. Add salt to taste.
- Cook pasta as per pasta instructions, drain pasta and place pasta on a plate.
- Cover pasta with the goulash and garnish with the chopped parsley
Tips and notes:
If you have extra cooked pasta store it separately from the goulash. When you want to eat left overs just mix both goulash and pasta a reheat.