Vegetarian fried rice
( adapted from pinch of yum)
Prep time: 7 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, divided ( used at 2 separate times)
- 2-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, grated
- 3 eggs
- 4 cups cooked rice (cooled)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup frozen peas
- ½ tablespoon rice vinegar
- 4-6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 cup of small broccoli florets
- 3 tsp fresh basil
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 serrano chilli finely chopped ( if you like hot stuff)
Step 1: Medium high heat one tablespoon oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the garlic cloves and ginger and stir fry for one minute.
Step 2: Crack the eggs directly into the pan and gently push them around in the pan until barely cooked, 1-2 minutes.
Step 3: Add the cooked rice and stir fry for a few minutes, adding the other tablespoon of oil and turning the heat up to get things frying The eggs will incorporate and stick to the rice.
Step 4: Add the frozen corn, peas, rice vinegar, and soy sauce and stir fry for another 1-2 minutes. Add broccoli and stir for one minute. Remove from heat, stir in any additional add-ins (basil,spinach, serrano) and serve.
You can make a double batch and freeze one portion. Rice freezes well and as soon as you warm it in the microwave it is like just made.
You can make this dish WITH MEAT BY ADDING COOKED HAM, CHICKEN OR PRAWNS.