Easy Potato Soup
This is a fast soup and very affordable in your shoe string end of semester budget. You can make this soup gluten free by using GF flour or corn starch. You can make this one also Vegetarian if you skip the ham and use vegetable stock.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- 1/2 Litre of chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 Stalk of celery finely diced
- 1/2 Med onion finely diced
- 1 Cup of diced ham or fried bacon ( diced)
- 1/2 Cup of sliced mushrooms
- 2 tsp of chopped green onions ( 1-2 green onions)
- Salt / pepper to taste
- 2 1/2 Tbsp butter
- 2 1/2 Tbsp flour
- 1 Cup of milk
Saute onion and celery in some olive oil, add ham, potatoes stock, mushrooms, bit of salt and pepper. Add white sauce to soup mixture, stir when done add the green onions and serve.
Melt better in a saucepan add flour stir well until blended, add milk stirring out the lumps.