Sick Day Ramen Soup
by Rocio Graham
“This soup it is so easy to make and it is loaded with vitamins and probiotics. It is the best when you are feeling like your body is running down. This soup and a blanket and you will be good to go finish the semester in no time.”
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1 litre of chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup of diced broccoli ( cut in to mini florets)
- 2 Carrots finely diced ( fine cubes)
- 2 Pkg of rice ramen ( 2 squares of dry ramen)
- 1 Tbs of raw red miso ( get all the probiotics this way). This can be bought at the Light Cellar.
- 2 tbs of soy sauce ( I used the gluten free Tamari)
- 1 cups of frozen peas
- 1 cup of diced mushrooms
- 2 tbs cilantro
- 1 Serrano pepper finely diced ( optional if you like spice)
In a pot bring the stock to boil, add the carrots and ramen ( noodles). Let it cook for 5-7 minutes until noodles are al dente. Turn heat down to medium or low temperature and allow it to simmer. Add the soy sauce, broccoli, peas and mushrooms. Turn heat down and add the red miso ( if the broth it is too hot let it cool off a tiny bit otherwise the heat will kill the probiotics in the miso, you can also add the miso separately to the bowls). Serve in bowls, garnish with cilantro and serrano peppers ( if desired). Enjoy!
You can pre-cut the fresh veggies and put them in ziplock bags and toss them in the freezer. That way you can make soups for many days if you just come home put the broth to boil, add the ramen and the pre-cut veggies from the bags. You will be having soup in less than 10 minutes.