by Rocio Graham
“This smoothie is practically desert but it is healthy to the last drop.”
This is a smoothie that will satisfy you for hours yet provide you B6, Manganese, lots of vitamin C and the cacao powder is super a food but tastes amazing. If you have never heard of Lucuma powder you can get it at the light cellar or any other health food store. Lucuma is loaded with nutrients and can be used as a sweetener but it has a very low glycemic index which it means it won’t give you the sugar rush and lows that regular sugars do. This smoothie is practically desert but it is healthy to the last drop. You need to get strong as you head for the last bang of school. Trust me if it wasn’t for the amazing food I eat I would have dropped exhausted in the main mall already.
Prep time: 5-10 minutes
- 1 Medium zucchini cubed or diced in approximately 1 inch cubes
- 1 cup of milk or nut milk
- 1 TBS cacao powder (The Light Cellar, natural foods markets have it)
- 1 Tsp Lucuma ( This is a low glycemic index which can provide some sweetening properties while not giving you a sugar spike)
- 1 Tsp of Coconut syrup or you can use honey or maple syrup instead
- 1 banana
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 Tbsp of Protein powder of your choice ( I like vegan 1, sun warrior etc).
- 1/2 -1 cup of ice or cold water
Put everything in the blender and take with you to school. You can double batch and drink one in the morning and take the rest for later. The ice will keep it fresh for hours.