Healthy Breakfast Balls / Break Snack
by Rocio Graham
Prep time:15-20 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup sunflower seeds, soaked
- 1 cup buckwheat, soaked or 1 cup of cooked quinoa ( let it cool)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds, soaked
- 1/2 cup of cashews
- 1 cup dates, soaked and pitted
- 1/2 cup hemp
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup of chocolate chips ( ideally use dark chocolate or cacao nibs)
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoon raw ground flax seed
- 1 tablespoon lucuma powder ( you can skip it if you cant find it but try The Light Cellar)
- 1/4 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- pinch of salt
Step 1: Blend the soaked dates without the liquid until you make it in to a paste or chop the dates very finely until they get the consistency of a heavy glue.
Step 2: In a bowl add all ingredients and mix it until you uniform consistency (the date paste will bind all the ingredients together). if the paste it is too runny just add flax seeds and more dates.
Step 3: Form balls around 1.5 inches , place them in a baking sheet and refrigerate or freeze until set.
Wrap them in waxed paper and keep them in a plastic container or bag in the fridge. You can grab them and go to school. If you make a big batch you have healthy snacks to fuel you during the day.